This month I have passed Exam 70-462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server. Thus, officially I am a MCSA in SQL Server 2012/2014.
Concerning the exam – it is tough! In order to pass it I have studied for about 6 months. The first 4 months about once per week or so but the last 2 months – pretty much quite a lot, up to 4 days per week. These are the books and the YouTube videos that I have used:
- This blue book here with some exercises:
- SQL Server Query Performance Tuning (see my review)
- Pro SQL Server Administration (see my review)
- Relational DB Programming (see my review)
- SQL Server Administration
Concerning the videos on YouTube, these guys were quite ok:
But probably the best video was from these two guys (I am their fan since the video for the 461 exam):
If you are starting with the exam – start with the two videos from above.